Just in case you missed the baby news on instagram, facebook or twitter – we are expecting baby number 2!! So I thought I’d kick off the baby related posts with something a bit light hearted. A list of all of the things I forgot during my first trimester. It actually got so bad that I started a list on my Google Keep app. So in case you’re wondering if pregnancy brain is a real thing, I’m here to prove that it definitely is. So here’s my list of things that I remember forgetting in my first trimester.
- Oliver’s lunch bag (yeah, not important at all, right!). Meanwhile I was thinking that I should have put the food that I’d left out back in to the fridge while we were rushing out of the door.
- On the same day I also forgot to take Oliver’s coat, it was raining. I even sent him in with stale from the day before water. It obviously wasn’t my day.
- One day my husband was returning from work with enough time to eat lunch and then had to go straight back out. So obviously being a good wife I promised to make him some lunch. Except I forgot to make him the lunch and he ended up heading out the door without eating anything because he had no time.
- I left my car window open in the rain. The next time I went out my seat was rather wet. Lovely.
- I left macaroni cheese under the grill and completely forgot about it until I smelt slightly burny cheese. But crispy cheese on top is what makes it even better, right?
- I walked out of the vets with my cat in her carrier without paying. The receptionist had to run after me to remind me. I’d also forgotten to take my bag in so I had a great excuse that I was just going to put the cat in my car and get my purse. Totally got away with it….maybe.
- I planned to cook a roast dinner, everything was all planned out in my mind. And then I completely forgot about it. We ended up having pasta and sauce from a jar for dinner. After we had eaten leftover pasta that was in the fridge for lunch. A very balanced diet.
- Mine and husbands passports needed renewing, so I did everything online. Smart I thought, all I needed to do was send in our signed forms and some photos. I managed to send in only one photo of each of us. Then I called up when I realised and the man on the phone said to send in another photo to the same address. A few days later I got a letter telling me I needed to send either a duplicate of the same photo or 2 new ones to a different address. So I panicked and we had to get new photos taken which I then sent off next day delivery. Our passports arrived about a week later, with the original photo. My brain honestly felt like it was going to implode.
I’m quite sure there are probably more things that I forgot during my first trimester. I was very nauseas and tired so I probably forgot the things that I forgot.
The first trimester is so hard in so many ways. I was very thankful for not going out to work though because goodness knows what would have happened. Can you imagine that person that forgot to give her child a coat when it was raining being in charge of a hotel checking in 100 guests in the space of an hour? Probably best I’m still at home!!
Please tell me I’m not the only one who has gone through this forgetfulness? My husband has been joking again that I don’t have a memory, I have a forgettory. It’s not the first time either, pregnancy clearly does this to me, because during my pregnancy with Oliver he bought me a ‘Little Miss Scatterbrain’ mug. Well at least I’m consistent…