Thanks for hopping over from Mum Without Wheels and welcome to my post for the Second Day of Christmas of #12daysofparenting. We have many prizes to giveaway including Baby Bundle who are donating a ‘Hoppy’ or ‘Patch’, you can enter at the bottom of this post.
Christmas changes as you get older, you go from getting toys as a kid and having a great time to being a teenager and getting an epic new wardrobe because your parents don’t know what else to get you, to getting NOTHING but a token present because you’re ‘an adult’ now, then you get to being a proper grown up and get presents that are actually just things for your house. The thing is though, you get excited about the things for your house and you actually start writing a Christmas list throughout the year of things you want for your house but can’t be bothered or you’re too cheap to buy. So I thought I’d share my ‘grown-up’ Christmas list, I suppose they’re really ‘couples gifts’, or ‘home gifts’, but saying ‘grown-up’ makes me feel less
- A breadmaker – I’ve been checking out this Panasonic one available at John Lewis. Since we’ve been trying to cut palm oil out of our shopping basket I’ve found bread is something that is hard to come by at a reasonable price but I don’t have time (or the inclination) to make my own.
- A dining table – yep, a table. We currently use one of those ikea tables with the screw on legs, I think they’re technically a desk, but we are hosting Christmas this year so we would like a nice big table to fit most of the family on. We saw this one in ikea which is quite affordable at only £190 and seats up to 8 people, ok, so we may need 2 of those then…
- A matching set of mugs – last year we looked in John Lewis for ages and couldn’t find any that we liked and just gave up. But my penchant for dropping mugs is becoming an issue with our mismatched set becoming even more sparse and consisting of 2 Piglet mugs, a High School Musical mug, a Starbucks mug, my infant school’s centenary mug, Oliver’s Mickey Mouse mug and a random brown mug. Then we went to our friend’s house and they had these really great mugs from Wilko (which we don’t have here in WGC) and now I really want them! I love a bulky mug you can wrap your hands around when it’s a cold day, and who are we kidding, there are only 2 months of the year when I’m not cold!
- A tea pot – When we moved in to the house I told R I wanted a tea pot, he refused to believe we’d ever use it, but seeing as we now have space for guests and host family gatherings he’s decided that we need one, I really love the look of this Prestige one after seeing a review by Jenny at Monkey & Mouse, especially as it has a filter that fits neatly inside for loose leaf.
- Photo frames – because I’m a complete Pinterest addict and there are so many great things you can do with photo frames to make your room look interesting. I love photos. We never had any up when I was little, you’d barely know that there were children that grew up in that house, so I really want to have lots of pictures on our walls!
- A new food processor because ours is on it’s way out and I’m terrified it’s going to explode/burst in to flames every time I use it. There was actual smoke!! We’ve only had it for a few years and it’s not something we’ve used loads to wear it out, so I think investing in a better one that’s built to last will be a good option – and probably the John Lewis extra guarantee which we have on all of the appliances we have bought from them, if we were rich I’d choose this Kenwood one or a Magimix.
For more on grown up’s Christmas lists please hop on over to Tales of an M.E. Mummy where you can gain further entries into the grand prize draw, but before you hop remember to first enter via the Rafflecopter below using code word Parenting!