I keep feeling broody and thinking about having another baby. One of the reasons this is strange is because I have never felt it before, Oliver was an unplanned surprise and I had never felt broody or maternal until I was actually pregnant! We had grand plans for before we had a baby, we wanted to buy a house and get married – and have some amazing holidays of course – but obviously that never happened, so the question is, should we be aiming to do those things before we have another baby or just accept that life is different and have another baby before doing it.
We are kind of there with the house – with part ownership between R and his parents, but we are a long way off being able to afford to buy a house by ourselves. As for the wedding, well I think we are probably a way off that too now that we have the house. Most of our money is going in to the house, improving it and making it our own, making it Oliver’s, making it a family home. So now I’m thinking about the things I want to do before we have another baby and I’ve come up with a little list:
- Lose weight – I suffered badly with my back when I was pregnant with Oliver and I’m sure that losing weight would help with that (You may have noticed I’ve already started this mission)
- Get fit – again, my back! I’m realistic, I’m not expecting to be able to run marathons, but I’m really unfit right now and if I’m running after two children I need to be fitter
- Have a proper family holiday
- Get the house in a reasonable order so that cleaning and tidying are much easier and more organised
- Start blogging ‘properly’ and regularly – meaning having time to do so